1) Create a fresh pilot hole around 3-4 inches deep.
2) Immediately insert the thermometer probe.
3) Wait for 10-30 seconds and record the reading
4) Repeat in a few areas where you will be applying the nematodes.
TIP: Mark the tool you use to create the pilot hole with tape to make it easier to gauge the depth of the hole (you could also do the same with your thermometer) and don't use the same hole each time.
1) Make a hole around 3-4 inches deep
2) Immediately take a reading of the soil temperature.
3) Repeat in a few areas where you will be applying the nematodes.
TIP: Always lift the soil in a different location each time.
|Nemaslug||5°c / 40°f|
|Nemasys Vine Weevil Killer||5°c / 40°f|
|Nemasys LeatherJacket Killer||10°c / 50°f|
|Nemasys Chafer Grub Killer||12°c / 54°f|
|Nemasys Fruit and Veg Protection||12°c / 54°f|
|Nemasys No Ants||10°c / 50°f|
If you don't already own a soil thermometer, you may have something like this in your cupboard, which could be used to measure the soil temperature.